Our curriculum ambitions are unique to Ludwick Nursery School, they were written as part of our curriculum development inset day with the staff team and have developed throughout the year.
They reflect the unique character of our provision, the needs of our children and are underpinned by Froebelian principles which help shape our pedagogy.
We have written the core skills that children will develop and learn over time. We acknowledge that learning is holistic, so different areas naturally overlap and flow into one another.
|Curriculum ambition||Core Skills|
|To feel settled at Nursery, have a sense of belonging and connection to the community.||· Separates happily from their parent or carer
· Develops positive relationships and a sense of belonging with staff and peers
· Feels settled at nursery with a sense of belonging and connection to the community
· Has a positive sense of self, talks about people and experiences that are important to them
· Begins to develop an understanding of similarities and differences
· Confident to navigate relationships and routines
|To develop an interest in, and care for, the natural world||
Talks about things they have observed, beginning to comment on similarities, difference and change
|To lay the foundations to become an effective communicator||
Confidently uses a developing vocabulary within meaningful contexts
|Enjoy familiar songs, rhymes and stories.||
Uses familiar stories in play
|To develop body awareness, confidence and
Embraces new experiences and perseveres in their play
|To confidently access a range of different media to represent their thoughts and ideas.||
Engages in self-expression through movement, dance and movement