Ludwick has an inclusive environment where every child is valued for what they bring to the setting. Ludwick team are experienced working with children with a variety of needs. We aim to fully support families and help to provide the most appropriate and supportive education to help children to excel whatever their learning needs. We realise that it is an anxious time for parents or carers if your child does not appear to be developing as you expect or in the same way as other children. Staff are here to help and to listen to your concerns so please talk to us and we will do all we can to help.
We have a Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo): Sally Laflin
Children at Ludwick can be supported in Nursery or Tree Tops in a number of different ways. This may include:
- help with speech and language
- additional time with an adult to support learning
- sensory activities
- listening and talking to parents/carers
- an individual learning plan
- an education and health care plan (EHCP) – a plan for children who have complex needs
- specialist equipment or adapted resources
- transition to primary school
- referrals to other professionals
Ludwick Nursery School were delighted to be given a special ICAN award as a Centre of Excellence for speech and language practice.